Raytheon BBN Technologies - Light at the end of the tunnel | Glassdoor

"Light at the end of the tunnel"

Current Employee - Scientist in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Raytheon BBN Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They are doing incredibly interesting stuff, and you get exposed to a lot of different areas of your field of work. There's probably few places that enable you to learn as much as BBN.

Cons

There's no question BBN has been struggling to retain its old "feeling", and frankly that will not return. However, slowly there is a new type of BBN emerging that is both at peace with its mother company, but still a place that works on cutting edge RD. I would personally say that we're at the end of the trough and it's slowly but steadily going uphill.

Advice to Management

The president is kinda a dud to be honest.

Raytheon BBN Technologies2018-04-17
  1. "Great people, interesting work"

Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Raytheon BBN Technologies for more than a year

Pros

Amazing team members Interesting work Reasonable hours, excellent work-life balance Opportunities for growth Good compensation

Cons

Uncertain future inside of Raytheon Clunky internal systems

Raytheon BBN Technologies2019-09-20
  2. "Working at a defense contractor in one of its smaller offices."

in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Raytheon BBN Technologies

Pros

The people were top notch! Not only were my colleagues welcoming and friendly, they were also some of the most knowledgeable engineers in their field. I had the opportunity to learn a lot and grow in my role and also branch out into other roles and skill sets. I joined on as a co-op with very little experience and I feel like the pay was better than the average student co-op in my area.

Cons

At times it felt as if our project wasn’t managed very well. Because we were a small office in another city, we rarely got the direction our office needed from the home office. The small, remote office made it feel isolated from the cultural of Raytheon BBN as a whole. Once our project came to an end, our office was closed.

Advice to Management

I truly think that management did the best they could with our office, even with the tough decision to shut us down.

Raytheon BBN Technologies2019-09-30

Discover more reviews about Raytheon BBN Technologies.