Raytheon BBN Technologies - Interesting Work and Good People | Glassdoor
  1. "Interesting Work and Good People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Raytheon BBN Technologies full-time

Pros

* Challenging work on interesting problems. Almost all the work is on government-funded research grants, feels very much like academia but with a salary. * Amazing people. I learn something new every day I come to work and everyone is nice. * Great work/life balance. I can be as flexible with my schedule as I want and no one is expecting me to work more than 40 hours a week. * I used to think I wouldn't... like having the government as a customer, but honestly in this day and age I would rather help the government stop Russian election meddling than help some internet behemoth make more money through better targeted ads.

Cons

* Parent company bureaucracy is Kafkaesque, but thankfully everyone except upper management is largely shielded from it.

Raytheon BBN Technologies2018-12-13
  1. "Great people, interesting work"

Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Raytheon BBN Technologies for more than a year

Pros

Amazing team members Interesting work Reasonable hours, excellent work-life balance Opportunities for growth Good compensation

Cons

Uncertain future inside of Raytheon Clunky internal systems

Raytheon BBN Technologies2019-09-20
  2. "Working at a defense contractor in one of its smaller offices."

in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Raytheon BBN Technologies

Pros

The people were top notch! Not only were my colleagues welcoming and friendly, they were also some of the most knowledgeable engineers in their field. I had the opportunity to learn a lot and grow in my role and also branch out into other roles and skill sets. I joined on as a co-op with very little experience and I feel like the pay was better than the average student co-op in my area.

Cons

At times it felt as if our project wasn’t managed very well. Because we were a small office in another city, we rarely got the direction our office needed from the home office. The small, remote office made it feel isolated from the cultural of Raytheon BBN as a whole. Once our project came to an end, our office was closed.

Advice to Management

I truly think that management did the best they could with our office, even with the tough decision to shut us down.

Raytheon BBN Technologies2019-09-30

Discover more reviews about Raytheon BBN Technologies.