Raytheon - Great customer to support! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

"Great customer to support!"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Springfield, VA
Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Springfield, VA

Pros

The customer you are supporting makes your work very rewarding. You know that you are impacting the lives of your customer each day. The work environment was very friendly and each person was easy to get along with. The team I was on held fun outings every few months. The management team I was under communicated very well with us and let us know how we could improve and rewarded us when we went the extra mile. The people were very willing to show you new things and help you learn new areas of the system. Teamwork was very important in the group I was a part of.

Cons

The location I was at and the specific program I was on did not have many opportunities for advancement. I had to look outside my immediate program.

Advice to Management

I did not interact with Senior Management very much.

Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon

"Flexible work environment but not for the ambitious"

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer I in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer I in El Segundo, CA

Pros

Flexible work hour - Raytheon is very good when it comes to work hour flexibility. It allows you to adjust work hours to your personal needs. Unless you work for yourself, I haven't heard of any company that offers the same flexibility that they do.

Low work pressure - For the most part, work the load is very low and because of their corporate process everything moves at a very slow pace. I have had coworkers who don't care about advancement and management would allow them just to do enough to not get fired.

Benefits - Better than most company and offers a multitude of health benefits

Cons

Management does not provide feedback to help foster personal growth and career advancement. Overall, not a workplace for the career ambitious people. Environment and attitude makes it easy to become complacent. Section managers and department managers do not put the effort to provide you with meaningful feed backs for advancement. I've asked several managers during my review to tell me exactly what I need to improve or learn in order to better myself as an engineer. Most manager would either dodge the question or provide you useless feedback.

Advice to Management

As Senior Management, you should help the people under you succeed.

2. "Raytheon SAS El Segundo"

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer I Intern in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer I Intern in El Segundo, CA

Pros

The best reasons to work for Raytheon SAS would be for the pay, location, and if you don't want to work hard. I worked in LA where it never rains and is always sunny. The company offers flex time so you get every other friday off. Also if you aren't a early person, you can come in later and stay later.

Cons

The downsides of working at Raytheonn SAS is you aren't challenged at all. You don't see much of your manager. My manager was in a seperate building and didn't have any engineering experience. If you aren't a go getter and don't take charge of your career you can get left behind in this huge company.

Advice to Management

The feedback or advice that I would give to Senior Management would be to give more responsibilities to the interns. Expose them to other fellows who are familiar with the way things work so the interns can learn from hands on.