Raytheon - Very satisfied intern | Glassdoor

"Very satisfied intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

Pros

This employer has a take care of you mentality. The culture is to treat other people with respect, and it shows. Very supportive of flexible hours. Interns get basically full benefits including health insurance and paid time off. Easy to maintain a work life balance at Raytheon because of the great hours.

Cons

Like any other big company, employees have a limited ability to change Raytheon's direction. Things move slow at times, and you may get stuck waiting for other people. Generally speaking, everything gets done, but it may not be as soon as you would like or think should be expected.

Advice to Management

Have a better practice in place for soliciting feedback from employees regularly.

Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon

1. "Raytheon cares about our customers and delivers solutions second to none."

Current Employee - Engineering Program Manager in Portsmouth, RI
    Current Employee - Engineering Program Manager in Portsmouth, RI

Pros

The work is very interesting and I work with some of the most intelligent people on the planet. Raytheon genuinely cares about its customers and delivers technical solutions second to none.

Cons

We tend to not win our share of work when in direct competiton with NG or LM. We are a boy scout in the corporate community. We cannot compromise that but we need to become a boy scout with a killer instinct. We also need to be more predetory in our pursuit of our competitons domains.

Advice to Management

Expand the base of our core business. Get more aggressive in the Civil Security business both domestically and abroad. Seek out opprtunities to take away work from our competitiors. The rice bowl is shrinking and therefore we must fight to maintain and grow in a declining market.

"Process Engineers Look No Further"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer IV in Portsmouth, RI
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer IV in Portsmouth, RI

Pros

An abundance of state of the art engineering tools and information available for use. Access to in depth technical libraries and guidelines. An abundance of training is available and it is widely encouraged for individuals to partake in the many opportunities available each year.

Cons

There is a large abundance of bureaucracy at Raytheon. It is difficult to follow a strictly technical career path since project engineering skills (slide show skills) are more highly regarded than technical skills, in terms of career advancement. Work is departmentalized and partitioned by function encouraging "specialists".

Advice to Management

No comment.