Raytheon - Großartiger Ort, um die Technik zu lernen! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

"Großartiger Ort, um die Technik zu lernen!"

Current Employee - Techniker in Grafenwöhr (Germany)
Current Employee - Techniker in Grafenwöhr (Germany)

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than 10 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Cross-Training in den zahlreichen Abschnitten. Das Unternehmen ist so groß, da gibt es so viele neue Jobs zu lernen. Nie ein langweiliger Moment. Es ist leicht, von unten zu beginnen und sich schnell mit der richtigen Motivation hoch zu arbeiten.

Cons

Arbeitsstunden sind lang! Bezahlung sollte die Qualifikationen und Erfahrungen reflektieren. Zeitpläne für die Kundenunterstützung ändern sich ständig.

Advice to Management

Mikro-Management mit den Papierkram-Dateien für die abgeschlossen Aufträge.

Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon

"Great employer"

Current Employee - Manager, Systems Engineering in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Manager, Systems Engineering in Andover, MA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Raytheon for over 4 years and had a great experience. The company provided many learning and growth opportunities. I was promoted twice during my tenure with the company, and my responsibility increased significantly. I felt like my management supported me and provided me with the career mentorship that I was seeking. I felt empowered and respected during my time there.

Cons

It can be difficult to work at such a large defense contractor company because of all the process and red tape. Things can move slowly, you have to be patient and pick your battles. That being said, if you learn how to work within the system, you can make a significant impact here!

Advice to Management

Not all section managers (middle managers) are clued in with the senior leadership's goals. I met with many senior leaders and executives who supported diversity and employee resource groups. However, often times middle management was against employees putting their own volunteer time towards these efforts and looked down on it. This gap was a huge problem and really needs to be fixed!!

2. "Stable engineering company"

Current Employee - Electricl Engineer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Electricl Engineer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Job is relatively stable, industry standard benefits. 9/80 schedule, flexible hours (there might be exceptions depending on the project you are working on). For the most part is a good environment for the employees. Company does provide introductory training classes after work hours.

Cons

Too many re-org at the management level. Every time they change section or department managers, they know you less and less. There's very little knowledge transfer. Everything is project dependent. You learn something when there is a charge number provided for the activity. Otherwise you have to learn it on your own. no more than 3% year end bonus.