Raytheon - Very good company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

"Very good company to work for"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Fort Irwin, CA
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Fort Irwin, CA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good mid-level management, they work with you to do the best job for the customer.

Cons

top management tend to treat the lower employees like they give little value to the company. yet we are the people that the customer work one on one with every day.

Advice to Management

One day I was in a food line to get lunch, a high level manager was at our site for the day. I was in front of him in the food line and I introduced my self to him as also working at Raytheon and put my hand out. He did not shake my hand, but told me that he was my "Boss then" and I should let him go in line first. He did this in front of the customer. I told him that the customer was my boss and I would leave some food for him. He got in a another food line. This is the type of upper management that we do not need.

Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon

"Some great engineering opportunities, if you have a good manager"

Former Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in Tewksbury, MA
    Former Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in Tewksbury, MA

I worked at Raytheon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are some excellent high-tech projects to work on. I wound up learning lots in my 8+ years at Raytheon. As there are many great engineers there, I found it motivating to work on the teams.

Cons

Engineering managers are promoted based on how well they do as engineers, not whether they make a good manager. I had a few great, but mostly awful managers who were completely clueless as to how to manage.

Advice to Management

Train your managers on how to manage, or don't promote them if they can't deal with people!

2. "Solid entry level software job."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Aurora, CO

I worked at Raytheon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They try to listen to their employees and provide better benefits and more interesting projects whenever possible. Definitely gave the impression that you could make a career there if you wanted to.

Cons

Things change slowly here, it can be hard to patiently wait for new projects to come along or new opportunities to appear.

Advice to Management

I would recommend finding a better way to restructure programs without killing morale. I was glad that I got to dive right in to higher responsibilities but I wasn't happy to watch many of my team members run off to new projects shortly after I joined.