Raytheon - Angebot bei diesem Unternehmen erhalten | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

"Angebot bei diesem Unternehmen erhalten" "Received offer at this company"

Current Contractor - Trainer in Nuremberg (Germany)
Current Contractor - Trainer in Nuremberg (Germany)

I have been working at Raytheon as a contractor (Less than a year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Der Standort war gut für mich

The location was good for me

Cons

Die Bezahlung war nicht konkurrenzfähig

The pay was not competitive

Advice to Management

Bieten Sie potentiellen Mitarbeitern bessere Bezahlung

Offer better pay to potential employees

Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon

1. "Großartiger Ort, um die Technik zu lernen!" "Great place to learn about technology!"

Current Employee - Techniker in Grafenwöhr (Germany)
    Current Employee - Techniker in Grafenwöhr (Germany)

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than 10 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Cross-Training in den zahlreichen Abschnitten. Das Unternehmen ist so groß, da gibt es so viele neue Jobs zu lernen. Nie ein langweiliger Moment. Es ist leicht, von unten zu beginnen und sich schnell mit der richtigen Motivation hoch zu arbeiten.

Cross-training, in the numerous sections. The company is so big, that there are so many new jobs to learn. Never a dull moment. Easy to start from the bottom and work your way up fast with the proper motivation.

Cons

Arbeitsstunden sind lang! Bezahlung sollte die Qualifikationen und Erfahrungen reflektieren. Zeitpläne für die Kundenunterstützung ändern sich ständig.

Hours worked are long! Pay should reflect your qualifications and experience. Schedules constantly change to support the customer.

Advice to Management

Mikro-Management mit den Papierkram-Dateien für die abgeschlossen Aufträge.

Micro management with all the paperwork to file for the jobs completed.

"Great employer"

Current Employee - Manager, Systems Engineering in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Manager, Systems Engineering in Andover, MA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Raytheon for over 4 years and had a great experience. The company provided many learning and growth opportunities. I was promoted twice during my tenure with the company, and my responsibility increased significantly. I felt like my management supported me and provided me with the career mentorship that I was seeking. I felt empowered and respected during my time there.

Cons

It can be difficult to work at such a large defense contractor company because of all the process and red tape. Things can move slowly, you have to be patient and pick your battles. That being said, if you learn how to work within the system, you can make a significant impact here!

Advice to Management

Not all section managers (middle managers) are clued in with the senior leadership's goals. I met with many senior leaders and executives who supported diversity and employee resource groups. However, often times middle management was against employees putting their own volunteer time towards these efforts and looked down on it. This gap was a huge problem and really needs to be fixed!!