Raytheon - Excellent engineering environment with broad, diverse talents and extensive expertise and knowledge. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

"Excellent engineering environment with broad, diverse talents and extensive expertise and knowledge."

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Dulles, VA
Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Dulles, VA

I worked at Raytheon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work environment to learn, grow and contribute. One is only limited by one's own talents and initiative. Good to great compensation and benefits with opportunities in various business elements.

Cons

Too dependent upon government civil and defense contracts with limited non-defense opportunities but is very strong in aerospace and aviation. Business elements tend to be overly stovepiped and therefore do not effectively take full advantage of other Division's talents and/or solution sets.

Advice to Management

Greater attention and action should be directed at horizontal integration of scarce, talented people resources across business division domains to leverage internal experience and knowledge plus technical acumen for unique, agile solutions to various customer challenges.

Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon

1. "Great benefits, plenty of work, and good professionalism."

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I think the number one reason I'm still here is because of job satisfaction. I'm able to be part of a company who is constantly emerging in the Technology field

Cons

I don't recall anything that disappointed me with this company but that's to say this is my first civilian employer.

Advice to Management

With such little time at Raytheon, I haven't been exposed to back shops or upper management but from what I've seen so for is a professional staff.

2. "A decent career at this employer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Raytheon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, co-workers. Good things in career to work on.

Cons

When the good things to work on ran out.

Advice to Management

Do not treat employees like prisoners once the have been notified of job termination.