Raytheon - Stable company where you can move around. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

"Stable company where you can move around."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stable, great PTO benefits, 9/80 schedule

Cons

Low annual raises, promotions and better raises are reserved for the top 5% and are more subjective than objective

Advice to Management

Tie merit increases completely to the program's input and not base it on functional input. This seems like it would not reward employees for improving the department. However, employees can be rewarded by individual and team awards for their functional efforts. In short, program input should decide merit raises and awards should be used to drive functional improvements.

Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon

"Overworked, underappreciated and underpaid."

Former Employee - Pricing Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Pricing Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Raytheon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Time-off: 9/80 schedule allows for 9 hour workdays and every other Friday off. Many employees are hard-working for fear of social ridicule and lay-offs.

Cons

Raytheon is a heavily process driven, bloated, bureaucratic organization with many layers of middle management and few avenues for career advancement. Many of the senior level managers and executives come from firms outside of Raytheon. Finance managers have very poor people skills and refuse to be leaders. After 7 years at Raytheon, I've never seen the CEO or President of my business unit in person. Many employees feel like a disposable widget at this organization and many leave for higher paying opportunities at companies with better reputations.

Advice to Management

Physically walk the floors to greet your employees. Explain business strategy in-person and often. Make performance evaluations less subjective. Create mentorship opportunities. Develop careers paths. Be friendly.

2. "Great benefits, plenty of work, and good professionalism."

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I think the number one reason I'm still here is because of job satisfaction. I'm able to be part of a company who is constantly emerging in the Technology field

Cons

I don't recall anything that disappointed me with this company but that's to say this is my first civilian employer.

Advice to Management

With such little time at Raytheon, I haven't been exposed to back shops or upper management but from what I've seen so for is a professional staff.