Raytheon - Great people to work with, great benefits, and great tasks to work! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

"Great people to work with, great benefits, and great tasks to work!"

Former Employee - DST Technician Senior in El Segundo, CA
Former Employee - DST Technician Senior in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Raytheon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My co-workers are very helpful with your work and pleasant to talk with. The benefits you get here with an hourly wage is excellent with health, dental, vision, 401K, personal time off, choose not to do overtime when you are ask to, and etc. There is no stress in work. You get clear explanation of your duties, get help, its okay to make mistakes as long as you don't do it again, and etc.

Cons

I have no cons with this company other than I got laid off. There are no perfect place to work. But if I am picking - Then I have to say the work gets very repetitive and get very boring. My position has no growth and no promotion. The union is very weak in protecting your seniority rights.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon

1. "Exciting, and rewarding."

Pros

They treat their employees very well.

Cons

Have not found any yet.

2. "Huge company of various experiences"

Former Employee - Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Raytheon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Experience with huge projects you could not get elsewhere. Plenty of room for advancement from entry level to VP of a dept with thousands of employees.

Cons

Some projects are funded but might not be the best thing for your career. Huge management structure means many bosses up and down the ladder to please. Easy to get lost without a mentor.

Advice to Management

HR and employee reviews are way out of hand. So much time spent on making HR processes happy.