Raytheon - Overworked, underappreciated and underpaid. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

"Overworked, underappreciated and underpaid."

Former Employee - Pricing Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Pricing Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Raytheon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Time-off: 9/80 schedule allows for 9 hour workdays and every other Friday off. Many employees are hard-working for fear of social ridicule and lay-offs.

Cons

Raytheon is a heavily process driven, bloated, bureaucratic organization with many layers of middle management and few avenues for career advancement. Many of the senior level managers and executives come from firms outside of Raytheon. Finance managers have very poor people skills and refuse to be leaders. After 7 years at Raytheon, I've never seen the CEO or President of my business unit in person. Many employees feel like a disposable widget at this organization and many leave for higher paying opportunities at companies with better reputations.

Advice to Management

Physically walk the floors to greet your employees. Explain business strategy in-person and often. Make performance evaluations less subjective. Create mentorship opportunities. Develop careers paths. Be friendly.

Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon

1. "Great benefits, plenty of work, and good professionalism."

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I think the number one reason I'm still here is because of job satisfaction. I'm able to be part of a company who is constantly emerging in the Technology field

Cons

I don't recall anything that disappointed me with this company but that's to say this is my first civilian employer.

Advice to Management

With such little time at Raytheon, I haven't been exposed to back shops or upper management but from what I've seen so for is a professional staff.

"Above average workers and subpar managers"

Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Ashburn, VA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Raytheon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Intelligent people with a variety of work opportunities and a variety of places

Cons

Rigid management structure where low level managers have little power and many are unqualified.

Advice to Management

Make raises competitive and work to have non engineers manage. I great ability to bring you get engineers in but effort needs to be made to retain mid level engineers.