Raytheon - Great work/life balance, good benefits, somewhat stagnant business scope | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

"Great work/life balance, good benefits, somewhat stagnant business scope"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Tewksbury, MA
Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Tewksbury, MA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I believe Raytheon consistently delivers more technically sound engineering solutions than our competitors. Unfortunately, we historically lack shrewd business sense, which has, at times, cost us contracts. A recent change over in senior management seems to be actively working to improve the company in this area.

A great opportunity to work in a variety of roles across all aspects of the business. The company actively encourages professional growth and allows employees flexibility for their personal needs.

Cons

Business scope is often limited by the nature of this industry. Raytheon is primarily known as a missile and radar company. We have tried to expand our repertoire some, but it is often an uphill battle to get people in the company to stretch beyond our company's core competency.

Advice to Management

I would like to see the company start explore more private ventures, and not have to solely rely on the changing whims of the elected officials in Washington.

Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon

1. "Technically challenging positions with equally challenging demands !"

Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Raytheon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent compensation with equally great benefits. State-of-the-art software and hardware tools available to help you complete your project. Good team-focused approach to project completions.

Cons

Project schedules / timelines aren't bases on realistic and obtainable goals. Employees are pressured to support these unrealistic schedules.

Advice to Management

Consider input from employees when project schedules are developed. Be willing to accept realistic and obtainable goals rather than "must complete no matter what"

"Great company to work for, need to be willing to re-locate for career progression"

Current Employee - Material Program Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Material Program Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great work/life balance, 9/80 work schedule

Cons

Lots of processes to follow, difficult to change status quo