Raytheon - Work Hard and They will Reward | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

"Work Hard and They will Reward"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer I in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer I in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at Raytheon for 6 years as a system engineer. The opportunities once in the company are endless. I feel that the effort I have put in has been recognized and I have been adequately compensated for my time. Its a great company and although a bit late to the game on mentorship, they are really focusing on transfer of knowledge to the younger employees. Great schedule 9/80s.

Cons

At times the shear size of the operations and number of different players can be hard to comprehend. Once you get a few years under your belt, you really start to realize how little you know in the big picture. You have to seek out opportunity and take charge of your career. Its easy to get "lost" in a company this size so you must be proactive about furthering your education and experience. Find a good mentor and learn as much as possible.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop the mentorship programs in order to transfer the vast knowledge that exists at the top. Consider a training program when an individual is going to take a new assignment such as REA, IPT Lead, ect. Explain what is expected of the individual in that assignment and what their specific job responsibilities are.

Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon

"Amazing company, terrible local IT leadership"

Current Employee - IT Technical Contributor in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - IT Technical Contributor in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Compensation is good, exposure to a wide variety of technology and experiences, breadth of opportunities, company mission, flexible work schedule.

Cons

Local IT leadership is hell bent on cost reduction and ignores everything else, technical competency is viewed as a commodity, proliferation of incapable management, ingrained culture of "no bad news" and opaqueness, promotion of ignorance

Advice to Management

Retire. Please.

2. "Good experience"

Pros

Workers, front line managers & senior leadership

Cons

Some middle management leaders seem to have difficulty in being an effect translator and buffer between front line managers & senior leadership.

Advice to Management

Get out to the field more often. See what realty looks like at the point of customer and warfighter contact.