Raytheon - Raytheon is decent. | Glassdoor

"Raytheon is decent."

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Tucson, AZ

Pros

There is a lot of room for growth within the company. A lot of the managers here are good at teaching new things and new processes to people with less experience. My coworkers are friendly and there is a really good team atmosphere. The tools used at work are very helpful. Overall, I enjoy working with my team and working under my current department.

Cons

The work atmosphere can be competitive at times in terms of dealing with other people in similar positions. Sometimes you have to work late hours and long days. Overall, sometimes task can become tedious and mundane.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees more.

Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon

1. "Neutral for now...."

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in El Segundo, CA

Pros

9/80 schedule is great if you just strive to be part of the worker bee population.

Cons

Managers have no work/life balance.

Advice to Management

If Senior Management wants to retain mid-level management talent, they should start recognizing this pool before this group jumps over to the competitors.

"Love RMS, not too sure about Tucson"

Current Employee - Material Program Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Material Program Manager in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Executive Management team is wonderful. I think there is a strong leadership team - making RMS a great sucess. II have worked for other businesses within Raytheon, and RMS is by far the best business. The 9/80 schedule is really nice since it allows employees to take care of personal business during the regular work week. RMS is one of the few businesses within Raytheon that actually supports the 9/80 schedule.

Cons

"good old boy network" - silos new or younger employees. there is a poor attitude from those who are sitting and waiting to retire.

Advice to Management

There needs to be less layers of management