ReachLocal - Exactly what I was looking for in the ever changing Digital Media world! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal

"Exactly what I was looking for in the ever changing Digital Media world!"

Current Employee - IMC - NY in New York, NY
Current Employee - IMC - NY in New York, NY

Pros

Having worked in the on-line space for a vertical specific company previously, to working for Reachlocal now; it is a pleasure to work for a company that doesn't limit my abilities to help businesses with their on-line exposure and presence because "it is not vertical specific". The number of companies that I can work with now are limitless.

It is very satisfying when you tell a company that you can help them... It's another thing when you can actually have an impact on their bottom line! Reachlocal allows me to do just that!

Cons

Excuses and Results... Which one are you..... The only con is if you want to make excuses for not working hard, otherwise there are none.

Other Employee Reviews for ReachLocal

1. "Definitely More Ups then Downs."

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX

Pros

Working at ReachLocal has been a great experience. I work with great people, in a great environment, with great products, and have given lots of room to grow. I've worked at ReachLocal for 42 months and have had plenty of ups and downs. Its hard work but you have the ability to help your clients really gain in a tough economy. I have 32 clients that really mean the a lot to me. I know all about their business and they know all about me. Working side by side with business owners has been a great experience. I'm at a good point in my ReachLocal career. I'm about to hire an Account Manager in the next few months and then try to take "my book" of business to the next level.

Cons

No doubt the first two years were really tough for me. I was new to internet marketing and new to making a lot of calls. You need to make a lot of calls, you need to learn a lot about the industry and learn more everyday. It constantly changes. You need to be able to deal with all different kinds of people and personalities. You need to be able to sell. Depending on how well you do and how quick you do it will foreshadow your future at ReachLocal. They give you the tools and the technology. You just have to do it. You will have your Cheese Moved.

Advice to Management

Everyone is different, you can't manage everyone the same. Finding out their strengths and maximizing those. Helping them with their weaknesses.

2. "Love my career at ReachLocal!"

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

ReachLocal is an innovative and fast moving place to work! I love that I get to work with local businesses every day and build media strategies to help them be successful, both online and offline. This job isn't a sales job, it is a true consulting job working with businesses to help them succeed in business. I love that I get to help companies grow and expand with the ability to truly track their marketing to see what's working and what isn't.

Cons

I don't really think there are any cons to this job, but this job isn't for everyone. You have to work hard and continuously keep up on industry changes. If you are looking for just a sales job, ReachLocal isn't for you. You need to have marketing experience and understand local businesses to be able to deliver effective media strategies to them.