ReachLocal - Very Pleased | Glassdoor

"Very Pleased"

Current Employee - Internal Recruitment in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Internal Recruitment in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun positive working culture, with an acceptance of family commitments and an amazing potential to really create your own business.

ReachLocal actually cares about it's clients which is great if you do too, as you are free to consult with clients on all areas of their business rather than just sell one solution. All functions are given the freedom to map out their own career path by finding ways to add value to the business that are mutually beneficial.

Cons

You must be proactive, if you wait for somebody to tell you what to do before actually getting on and doing what you know you should do, you will struggle to succeed, as the environment is very autonomous.

Other Employee Reviews for ReachLocal

"If you are a true sales professional this may not be the job for you."

Former Employee - IMC
    Former Employee - IMC

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was very little upside to working at Reachlocal. The culture is very "entry level". So if this is your first sales job it may be a good place to get your feet wet. However if you are a seasoned sales rep this company will make you feel like you are starting over!!

Cons

There is so much downside to working for Reachlocal. It's starts with a week of "boot camp" where the training team will saturate you with information, all nighters, and "role play". Although training can be overwhelming and it feel like information overload, you need to get the info while you are there, b/c the local office I worked in won't spend another day with you after that!!!

Advice to Management

Keep a close eye on local management. When an office has 70% turnover it may be the local leadership!

2. "ReachLocal helped me to learn the difference between a CAREER and a job!"

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ReachLocal is a fast paced company in an ever changing industry. Given the rapid growth we have undergone, and are still going through, the opportunities are endless. As long as you take training seriously, are willing to work hard and understand that everything we do is for the customer, you will be given the opportunity to grow. I have been with the company for over 5 years now and have held 4 positions due to promotions. I realized early on that ReachLocal would match the interest I took in my own career and that type of loyalty is hard to come by!

Cons

Since we are a rapidly growing company, we encounter the expected growing pains. You have to be willing to help build out processes and structure, otherwise you may be overwhelmed.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest heavily in professional development for your employees, in addition to providing them career growth opportunities. The continuation of employee knowledge at ReachLocal is priceless!