ReachLocal - A Great Place To Build a Long-Term Career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal

"A Great Place To Build a Long-Term Career"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started working as an Account Manager in 2008 after graduating college with a Marketing degree. I knew i wanted to work in the digital space as most forms of traditional media are on the decline. I'm glad a chose ReachLocal as this company has proven to be a true leader in the digital space. Four years later, career continues to excel. The compensation for Account Managers includes a residual commission that provides incentive to grow your income year after year. Also, the relaxed yet excited atmosphere of ambitious professionals in the local offices makes it really feel like you are part of a family.

Cons

If you are not willing to put forth a lot of hard work in the first year and immerse yourself in the industry to become a true expert, this job will become very challenging. The people that seem to be most dissatisfied with the position are usually the ones that aren't willing to sprint from the beginning in order to find their stride. If you are not comfortable educating business owners about high level marketing solutions and are not willing to challenge their strategies, then you will likely get discouraged and quickly get surpassed by the competition.

Advice to Management

Continue to support and develop the ambitious professionals, tenured and new alike. Be weary of people that come to ReachLocal looking for a normal desk job or a free ride. This company is a great fit for anyone looking for a challenging and rewarding career, but they must be willing to put in the work to become an expert. With the help of management, we can put the right people in place to take this company to the next level.

Other Employee Reviews for ReachLocal

1. "Great Place To Work"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

culture, people, opportunity, work and fast growth

Cons

pace of change, high growth challenges

Advice to Management

as we grow fast we need to keep the culture we created

2. "Great place to work, but you better be ready to work...I miss it"

Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Product had the "wow" factor, Uncapped commissions, Make your own schedule, Unlimited Vacation Days, FREEDOM

Cons

To much freedom, not a 40, 50, 60 hour a week job, The smaller the account the more work

Advice to Management

I loved working their. I wish I didn't have to leave, but the numbers are what they are.