ReachLocal - Non-Stimulating Environment, Management is Generally Clueless/Unhelpful | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal

"Non-Stimulating Environment, Management is Generally Clueless/Unhelpful"

Current Employee - Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time

Pros

Flexible with time off, relaxed dress code. Great way to learn the basics of SEO, content marketing, etc.

Cons

Web Presence Professionals are the bottom of the barrel. The ReachCast product was great until the Penguin update by Google hit in May 2012. Since then, we've been playing catch-up to Google all the while SMB's are paying $1200-$1700 per month for a platform that barely works and is broken most of the time. Upper management still expects renewals with a broken product. Sorry, but I'm not going to convince already struggling SMB's to pay that much for Facebook updates and lackluster content. It's just wrong. Hopefully something is fixed soon. There is also a review above here that talks about the turnover - it is insane! I've never heard of or worked in a place where EVERY week someone or several people are leaving. There are so many new people coming in/out that it's confusing and creates a somewhat awkward work environment.

Advice to Management

Give your employees answers! Help them solve issues and give them more hands-on instructions so there is less confusion.

Other Employee Reviews for ReachLocal

1. "Amazing Company to Work For""

Current Employee - Senior Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ReachLocal is an amazing place to work. The environment is open and friendly and a place you really want to be. The opportunity for growth is available if you really want it and are willing to work for it. The management and director are beyond supportive and do whatever it takes to help you grow. We constantly get training on what's going on with the industry and I think that helps us be the experts that our clients really need. I have really enjoyed my time here so far and look forward to many more years to come. This is a company that you can really have a great future with.

Cons

I really don't have any, great company to work for.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing. The environment is great!

2. "I love coming to work every day!"

Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture of the company is great! I enjoy coming to work and being able to talk to people located throughout the country. I really enjoy helping others which is why working in the Services division is a perfect fit. Whether it is a fellow team member, an IMC, or an advertiser, I'm always more than ready to offer assistance!

Cons

The lack of career opportunities in my location is frustrating.

Advice to Management

Try to distribute the workload as evenly as possible and make every effort to keep team morale high. Please be as clease as possible about career opportunities.