ReachLocal - I've worked for ReachLocal for over a year, and have had a great experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal

"I've worked for ReachLocal for over a year, and have had a great experience."

Current Employee - Premium Campaign Professional in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Premium Campaign Professional in Plano, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All of my co-workers make it a joy and a privilege to come into work each day. Management gives me clear expectations, and provides the necessary resources for me to accomplish my goals. I've been lucky enough to be part of new initiatives within my department, and feel that there are many opportunities available in the future. I've been with ReachLocal for over a year now, and look forward to working here for the indefinite future.

Cons

Anything negative I could say would probably be true of any job. The pros of ReachLocal definitely outweigh any cons that I could list.

Advice to Management

I'm satisfied with the direction in which we're heading.

Other Employee Reviews for ReachLocal

"Over Worked Under Paid"

Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Plano, TX

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Learned a lot about online placement, what works, what does not work, most of which I learned on my own as a way to retain clients and fix bad preforming campaigns.

Cons

IMC workload is heavy! The role of IMC is new business sales, collecting payments, retaining & supporting clients, constant trouble shooting performance of campaign setup, not to mention all the company meetings you have to attend.

Advice to Management

Book growth due to churned accounts should not be recognized as ‘book growth.’ Managers should not be paid retention bonuses. The practice of churning tenured employees to retain the non-performing new employees is dirty and also skews quarterly stock reporting.

"Keep Your Resume Online and Options Open"

Former Employee - Client Services Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Client Services Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The boot camp training was pretty amazing and insightful
    You will learn a lot in a short amount of time
    Most of your fellow co-workers will be new too
    You have potential to earn a lot of money (with a price)
    There are some really nice people working there

Cons

The entire company is run by Sales which means they are chasing the almighty dollar
    They will allow a very unstable Manager to run the entire office as long as he makes money
    The Sales (IMCs) are usually so stressed out they can be hard to work with sometimes
    They do not show you enough data to really do a customer justice
    Clients will ask how much our cut is and we are suppose to say "Pennies on the dollar" but it is likely a lot of pennies
    Each office is like an island which really keeps the company divided
    There is not enough internal support staff which isn't really good for anyone in the office
    They keep telling you how valuable your seat is... this is a fear based managing model
    If the sales stick around long enough to understand their work they are too busy to manage it
    The average length an employee will work there is 7 months
    You will probably be looking for a new job within a year

Advice to Management

Stop running the company based on greed and do it based on taking care of clients & employees. If you ran the company right you wouldn't need to try to bury the negative reviews. Interview office staff to get a real pulse of how that office is performing. I am sure some offices are actually better environments to work in than others. Do not hire managers who have power & control issues and just abuse their employees for their personal amusement.