ReachLocal - Good Company, takes time to earn commission | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal

"Good Company, takes time to earn commission"

Pros

Good Company overall, however takes six months to a year to get your commission up to par if you are used to a good commissioned sales position.

Cons

They give you 3 months to "Make it or Break It". Turnover is huge in the beginning.

Advice to Management

Give your sales team more time than 3 months.

Other Employee Reviews for ReachLocal

"I wish I never worked here"

Pros

There is plenty to learn at their expense, that is if you can handle the terrible pay, lack of ethics towards clients, and heavy sales emphasis. If you can stick it out - you can add plenty of social media and content marketing to your resume. It is a shame because the job is not bad within itself, the company itself is the problem. Plus, they are about to change to whole department anyway....oh, you have the ability to work from home. That can be good for some.

Cons

Where do I begin? It is amazing how relatively unhappy everyone who works there is. It really baffles me that they apparently bring someone in to do "exit interviews" to try and figure out why the high turnover - and yet there is not a single change. There are some truly talented people that do this job that deserve better. Also, you can become a big whopping senior, a little salary increase, but after that there is no room for growth.

Advice to Management

Well, although I am writing this in vain, please quit focusing SO heavily on sales and not retention. It is amazing to here how much IMC's make and then the WPP's do all the work to keep them there. These egotistical IMC's get put on a whole other level. There are a few that are great, but overall - I do the work, I do the daily communications. We are expected to make sure they are always informed but god forbid they ever have to get back to us. Also, they are not our bosses. They have zero repercussions for talking to us like garbage. It is ridiculous.

"4 Years With The Company- It Was The Worst Experience Ever"

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to learn about Google Adwords, Digital and Social Marketing

Cons

You will not make it with this company more than 6 months. You will spend all day on the phone and not selling.

Advice to Management

No matter what- do not accept a job from this company. I launch an office and had over 6 managers in 4 years. Over? We had interim managers that came in while another was being cranked thru training. Management makes it impossible for new hires to make it because they want you in the office all the time, on the phones and nose in Salesforce. If someone made it 6 months it was a miracle. There was a meeting every Monday morning that was a chance for an arrogant, ego driven manager to talk for hours about how great he is. The managers way of motivating you is to bring you in their office and berate you and your sales skills. I've seen grown men leave the office crying. If you weren't part of the original group or came on board knowing someone, the chances of you making it are slim. The company doesn't care about families, other responsibilities outside of work and there is zero job security no matter how much business you bring in. How can you keep doing this to good hard working people. Do you not see your top reps dropping like flies?