ReachLocal - Good Company, takes time to earn commission | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal

"Good Company, takes time to earn commission"

Pros

Good Company overall, however takes six months to a year to get your commission up to par if you are used to a good commissioned sales position.

Cons

They give you 3 months to "Make it or Break It". Turnover is huge in the beginning.

Advice to Management

Give your sales team more time than 3 months.

Other Employee Reviews for ReachLocal

"Turn'em and Burn'em"

Former Employee - IMC in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - IMC in Orlando, FL

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company offers thorough training which entails a week of paid training in Dallas, TX where you are put through class work and role-playing segments.

Cons

This company has transitioned to a "Numbers Only" sales philosophy. Ongoing training is adequate but not as prevalent as in the past. There is a lot of micro management.

Advice to Management

There is a huge disconnect between your salespeople and clients. Get out and find out what is actually happening instead of playing the smoke and mirrors game with everyone including your employees.

"I wish I never worked here"

Pros

There is plenty to learn at their expense, that is if you can handle the terrible pay, lack of ethics towards clients, and heavy sales emphasis. If you can stick it out - you can add plenty of social media and content marketing to your resume. It is a shame because the job is not bad within itself, the company itself is the problem. Plus, they are about to change to whole department anyway....oh, you have the ability to work from home. That can be good for some.

Cons

Where do I begin? It is amazing how relatively unhappy everyone who works there is. It really baffles me that they apparently bring someone in to do "exit interviews" to try and figure out why the high turnover - and yet there is not a single change. There are some truly talented people that do this job that deserve better. Also, you can become a big whopping senior, a little salary increase, but after that there is no room for growth.

Advice to Management

Well, although I am writing this in vain, please quit focusing SO heavily on sales and not retention. It is amazing to here how much IMC's make and then the WPP's do all the work to keep them there. These egotistical IMC's get put on a whole other level. There are a few that are great, but overall - I do the work, I do the daily communications. We are expected to make sure they are always informed but god forbid they ever have to get back to us. Also, they are not our bosses. They have zero repercussions for talking to us like garbage. It is ridiculous.