ReachLocal - Not Happy with Recent Changes | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ReachLocal

"Not Happy with Recent Changes"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Office culture is great, amazing co-workers, lots of room to work independently, possibility to make a lot of money if you a sales person who can hustle.

Cons

They recently changed the compensation plan, which made a lot of people unhappy. Once that changed, they started to let go of certain positions. It seems they are moving away from wanting to give great service to existing clients and just focus on generating new ones. As someone who provided client support, I do not agree with this change. Recently a lot of people have left because there are no more goals to work towards. It's a constant selling job and each month or quarter you have to hit your quota all over again. Nothing to reach for in terms of long term. On the Support side, the pay is terrible and you do just as much if not more work than the people who got the sale.

Advice to Management

Stop allowing your best AE's/AM's and Support people to leave. They have kept your long time clients from leaving. They understand the platform better than any SE or IMC. The clients stay because of them. Start focusing on the people. This company use to feel like a place I could work for years and years until new rules were set (without any warning) and I lost my job because of no fault of my own. And, the HR "help" I received after being laid off was terrible. No one could answer any of my questions. It was a terrible ending to what had been the best place I ever worked.

Other Employee Reviews for ReachLocal

1. "Great Midsize Company positioned for growth!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New CEO (Sharon Rowlands), Strategic leadership, talented employees, great culture, excellent training, competitive pay and benefits. Leader in the Digital Media Marketing industry. If you are looking for a company who promotes diversity and is focused on continuos improvement this is the right place for you. Great things are in store for the future. There are plenty of opportunities to grow within the company. By the way don't be miss lead by disgruntled reviews. The WPP and IMC roles are no longer roles ReachLocal hires.

Cons

Compared to other companies out there, ReachLocal is a great place to work! It is sad to see former colleagues leave the company who once bled orange. As the company looks to the future and continues to seek ways to improve, roles change. The best advise to grow at ReachLocal is to always be looking for ways to innovate and bring value.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on innovation! The industry is very competitive and staying on the leading edge should be the primary focus!

"Meetings and more Meetings"

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good compensation plan if you can figure it out.

Cons

Way too many meetings. Things change and then when you learn the changes, they change again.

Advice to Management

Stick with a plan.