1. "Really friendly development culture"

5.0
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Ready At Dawn Studios full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent development team culture, lots of comradery and passionate. Not too crunch-oriented, very diverse and inclusive. Free work gym courtesy of the Irvine Company, a fully stocked kitchen, and a relatively relaxed PTO/sick time expectation.

Cons

Lower than average pay, even for the games industry. Communication between production and the dev team can be strenuous and at times absent. Lots of growing pains between departments.

Other Employee Reviews

"Effort Pays Off"

5.0
    Current Employee - Associate Producer

I have been working at Ready At Dawn Studios full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Making great games with passionate people - The employees of RAD are all dedicated to looking at what makes games fun in a variety of different ways. Sometimes it may come off a little chaotic but they are willing to take their time to insure the quality of the end product. Studio Culture - It has been very clear since day 1 that the admins/founders of the company are fully dedicated to the team. I always rolled my eyes before when people brought up co-workers being like family but the culture they have instilled here is very much a family. There may be some arguments (really just part of the creative process) but at the end of the day everyone is moving toward the same goals and able to hang out after work. Hard Work = Pay Off - Since starting at RAD I have not only looked at my current task list, but other places that I could help out. The idea of a team is very strong here and when people find ways to help one-another it comes through in the final product. By keeping this mentality in mind, I have managed to move up at least once a year. Hard work truly is rewarded at RAD. Pushing the Industry forward - RAD is very focused on finding and bringing in new talent. They may have high standards for those they bring in but that is only because the culture is built around being on the cutting edge. - Everyone who works here takes great pride in their work and wants to not just make the best looking/feeling product for now, but something that also will be the best 5/10 years from now.

Cons

Strong Personalities - Feels like, to be fair, I should mention that there are some very strong personalities roaming the halls at RAD. I personally view them as a challenge to improve myself (especially since creation/passion go hand-in-hand). But I can also understand how this fact may be off putting to some.

Continue reading
  2. "Programmer"

4.0
    Current Employee - Programmer

I have been working at Ready At Dawn Studios full-time

Pros

Work life balance is great

Cons

There can be a rigid structure and at times hard to bring change

Discover more reviews about Ready At Dawn Studios.