ReadyTech - Hostile work environment, poor organization, and management. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ReadyTech

"Hostile work environment, poor organization, and management."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Pros

Unique Product, not much competition.

Cons

- Poor company organization
- Corrosive, Hostile work environment, Owner run business like a dictatorship.
- Company provides products and support services world-wide, doesn't scale the business to support the demand of the customers.
- Overall low morale in the office, negative inequity.

Advice to Management

Bring in a consultant to review company policies and procedures, get recommendations on scaling the business to meet your market demands. Listen to employee concerns, address work environment issues, improve communication and professionalism.

ReadyTech Response

May 23, 2016 – Director of Finance

Since this review has been posted we have done many of the things listed here in the advice section. We have made a bunch of improvements in our company policies and procedures, we have had an... More

Other Employee Reviews for ReadyTech

"Technical Support Netherlands office review"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer

I worked at ReadyTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- You can learn more about what happens with the educational industry.
    - You have a work life balance due to the shift base job.
    - Easy job (its pros for most people but not for me)
    - Rarely have any complicated or complex tickets (tasks) (Its a pros for most people but not for me)

Cons

- No career path.
    - No development by any means.
    - No challenges.
    - No responsibilities.
    - your manager is in the USA which leads to the below negative point:
           - You can chat with him about issues in a time frame of 2 hours however he is doing an enormous job and he is super busy which makes it impossible to reach him unless you really have a very good technical question.

- There is no people manager.
    - A lot of conflicts and arguments raised by support reps (Work/non-work related topics) which leads to chaotic and unpleasantness environment to work in.
    - There is no alignment between employees.
    - Within my full working period I didnt have the chance once to have a break with anyone and that applies to most of the colleagues in the support position.

Advice to Management

-Invest more in the support reps.
    - At least a people manager in the office will help to solve a lot of issues.
    - create a path or tearing for support to motivate people to stay no-one wants to end as he started.
    - Everything cant be handled by a single person (that doesnt mean he cant handle it) but it means that it causes a lot of frustration to other people because a single question can days to be answered and there is major parts are ignored due to that person is contentiously busy and overloaded.
    -Delegation of stuff would help a lot (Try delegating some stuff at least not only you will off load that person but also other people will have some responsibilities).
    - Retention plan for employees

Those are just suggestion that from my own point of view would have helped and motivated people to stay and not take it as a stepping stone and work harder to make the company grow and so they are grow with it.

"Technical Support"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Oakland, CA

I worked at ReadyTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No drama or politics at the lower levels
    Very cool coworkers
    A lot of freedom not much micro management
    Relaxed management. Do your work and you will be fine
    Netherlands office (chance to visit for work)

Cons

No tiers in support dept.

Advice to Management

Keep exploring the work remote option. Reward the proven staff to allow them to work from home. If they are going to do the work in the office, they will be the same at home.