RealPage - Crazy Land! | Glassdoor

"Crazy Land!"

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

The offices are close to lunch spots and reasonable housing options. They do offer benefits after 30 days but they are below par compared to other employer options within the DFW area.

Cons

Vast majority of staff are inconsequential to any decision making capability within the company as everything must go through the CEO, literally. This results in mediocrity as the norm and little to no engagement from the staff because they feel there is no value add based on their knowledge and/or decision making capability. The company is able to attract talent at the Manager level and below although above the Manager level it is difficult due to zero autonomy. Turnover at the VP level and above is high as their skills are under utilized primarily because of the control freak CEO.

Advice to Management

Don't hire individuals and give them an Executive title if your not willing to provide them with the level of autonomy and benefits that is normally accompanied with a role at that level in vast majority of other public companies. Shaking my head...

Other Employee Reviews for RealPage

"Less than impressive company, leadership and direction"

Current Employee - YieldStar
    Current Employee - YieldStar

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

The product is good for the time being, but our competition is catching up at a rapid pace. We will not be the leading product in the industry for long. Our competition has already been proving they can outperform us.

Cons

Poor work life balance and leadership in Yieldstar and across the organization. We get qualified people in the company and run all the good ones off within a year or two. We end up having to promote the poor performers into Manager, Director and Vice President roles since we don't have a choice. You don't have a chance at getting promoted unless you are wiling to work 60+ hours per week and have no life. Most leaders are not college educated and have very little managerial experience at all. I have friends and family who were interested in working here but they were discouraged from applying after they saw how many hours I had to work and all the negative treatment I received from my managers.

Advice to Management

I have never worked for such poor leadership in my life. The executives all the way down to managers need to learn how to treat employees with respect. The environment and climate of this organization is very poor and I wish someone would have warned me about this before I started.

"Continuous Improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

RealPage IS a great place to work. It's the perfect size: small enough that each person truly feels like a contributor, but large enough that stability isn't concern. Management has shown a consistent dedication to streamlining its processes, investing in new resources and products, and adding value to its brand.

Cons

RealPage has increased in size by about 33% since I started. With that kind of growth comes the pains that go with it, BUT management across the board is committed to making the adjustments to adapt AND improve.

Advice to Management

With more than 1,000 people at headquarters, invest in a cafeteria!!!