Rebekah Children's Services - Doing good in the community. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Rebekah Children's Services

"Doing good in the community."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

Pros

They do have a good benifits package. They seem to realize that they may not be able to pay what is needed to live in the south bay, but they try to make up for it by time off, and other benifits. It is also rewarding knowing that even if you do not work with the clients directly, that your work impacts the community through the work you do to support the people that do work with the clients directly. If you have a passion to help children, then Rebekah Children's Service is the place you would want to work.

Cons

The cost of living and working for a non-profit.

Advice to Management

They need to show they are united. There has been a lot of issues in the past, and I think it is hard for staff to trust.

Other Employee Reviews for Rebekah Children's Services

"Great place to work, but lack of CEO leadership!!"

Pros

It is a great place to work if you enjoy making a difference in people's lives. I love working with families and being able to help them out in any way possible. Everyone is friendly, you walk down the hall and every employee smiles and acknowledges you even if you don't know them. My work team is awesome and for that part I really enjoy working at Rebekah Children's services.

Cons

I have worked for non profit agencies in past, as far as my last work place the CEO would make himself present. He was awesome. He always communicated what was going on and any changes for the good or bad. He visited all of our locations very often and talked to every employee no matter what your job title was. The CEO for Rebekah's is most of the time in his office with the door closed and we never know when he is in. If he sees you walking down the hall he does not say hi or smile, well at least not to most of us unless you have an important job title. He is not communicative at all, we are lost and don't know where our agency stands. I do not see him involved or that he is making any good changes or progress for the agency. It is very sad to not see him take that leadership role that motivates everyone. It actually felt more motivating when we did not have a CEO and our CIO was taking over for a while, now he is an awesome person and really is the type of leader that Rebekah's needs.

Advice to Management

Next time pick a better CEO!!!!

2. "Meaningful work in a supportive environment"

I have been working at Rebekah Children's Services full-time

Pros

Wonderful place to work if you want to serve the community and help children and families
    Great benefits
    Longevity of employees; many folks have stayed so long because they care so much about the agency and the work we do. Longevity includes many people in Leadership positions.
    Active and visible in the community with fundraising events
    The agency is fiscally healthy which is unusual for non profits

Cons

Non profit work is not always easy!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!