Recovery First - Great staff, more organization is needed! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Recovery First

"Great staff, more organization is needed!"

Former Employee - Therapist in Hollywood, FL
Former Employee - Therapist in Hollywood, FL

I worked at Recovery First full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the staff is very friendly and care greatly about the clients. Nice, clean work environment. Many opportunities to learn new skills and advance to higher positions. You can do some work from home. They are willing to listen to your concerns. Good insurance is offered, however it is somewhat expensive.

Cons

As a new employee it is difficult to get support from other staff at times, communication between staff members needs to improve as well. The work load is difficult to handle at times, which leads to 10-12 hour days at times. Therapy groups can be too large at times (30 clients) and therefore not as productive as they could be. There are little opportunity for staff to engage in team building activities. You may also have to work part of the weekend. Employees do not get extra compensation for overtime if full-time. Staff turn-over occurs often.

Advice to Management

More trainings specific to this population would greatly benefit the staff. Staff would also benefit from more team building activities to not only get to know each other, but also to discuss how to be more effective as a team to improve the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Recovery First

"Primary Therapist"

Former Employee - Primary Therapist in Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Primary Therapist in Hollywood, FL

I worked at Recovery First full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Salary and Benefits, meetings take place often, the building is new and clean, and plenty of opportunities counseling individuals and conducting group therapy.

Cons

A lot of paperwork, long days, hard to get supervision or meetings when needed, not the best place for a new clinician or a clinician new to substance abuse, lack of structure for clients at times.

Advice to Management

More structure for staff and clients. More support for staff in the form of supervision, shadowing, trainings, and lower client loads.

2. "Recovery First WILL stab you in the back when you least expect it! Company run on EVIL!"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

I had an opportunity to meet a lot of great hard working employees. That is prior to them all being fired one by one for ridiculous made up reasoning.

Cons

I gave this company over two years of my life. I was strongly dedicated to Recovery First and what I thought it stood for. I went above and beyond only to be criticized and ultimately was being set up to fail. The owners are only in the business for the money. They do a good job of "concealing" themselves but you will ultimately see them as con artists. Quick to make a quick buck. They only care about themselves, their red bottom shoes and of course their cars. There is absolutely no job security. They don't care anything about you. You may have just lost your husband. They will fire you. You may be a single mom who just bought a house. They will fire you. You may work 60 hour weeks. They will fire you. You may have just lost your father to suicide. They will fire you. I think you get it. They are not to be trusted.

Advice to Management

Management???? What is that???? Does not exist at this place. Just two owners that are driven by greed.