Red Bull - Great Brand, Questionable Job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Red Bull

"Great Brand, Questionable Job"

Former Employee - Student Brand Manager

I worked at Red Bull part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Red Bull has one of the strongest brand identities and marketing strategies, bar none. If you're in marketing, you want this company on your resume. You'll also learn a lot.

-Fun events, an emphasis on creativity and breaking the usual rules

-Free Red Bull = awesome!

Cons

(Note that these cons are specific to being a student brand manager on a college campus)

-The rulebreaking spirit of Red Bull can also get its employees into trouble. They ask their reps to pull off questionable tasks that walk the line between legal and illegal. I almost got the cops called on me a few times for sneaking Red Bull branded stuff into places I shouldn't have.

- Support from HQ is limited. Small organizational structure, it's a 'do it yourself, don't screw up' attitude that not everyone enjoys.

- Limited room for advancement. Again, small hierarchy means you may get stuck in a grinding job without much of a pay bump to justify the hours. Student brand rep is a great flexible position, but past that, I'm not sure there are many.

Other Employee Reviews for Red Bull

1. "Great!"

Former Employee - Student Brand Manager

I worked at Red Bull part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, Creative, Risk taking, Limit pushing

Cons

Some other employees "Too cool" attitude

2. "Be ready to give your best"

Former Employee - Human Resources
    Former Employee - Human Resources

I worked at Red Bull full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Red Bull hirest the best and with that has an expectation of professionalism from all concerned. This can make for a very stimulating and high performance environment where folks of a similar mind-set thrive.

Cons

Unfortunately, I was part of a project that was discontinued after 5 years. Would be nice if Red Bull had more sharing between divisions to retain top talent. Each Business Unit (project) operates as a separate business entity and opportunities for transfer are not available.

Advice to Management

Use a more open Human Resources presence to move talented employees with good skills to other business units when the opportunity presents itself.