Red Frog Events - Best place to work!! | Glassdoor

"Best place to work!!"

I worked at Red Frog Events as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing office culture, work hard/play hard attitude, lots of energy and everyone is treated as a part of the team. Outstanding benefits and great people to work with.

Cons

There is no real hierarchy so getting a question answered can be difficult. Things are sometimes left to last minute. Handling of payments to vendors and volunteer groups were not sent in timely manner making developing long term relationships difficult.

Other Employee Reviews for Red Frog Events

"Not What I Expected"

I worked at Red Frog Events as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

People seem friendly at first and then fall into their cliques. Not so cool after that.

Office seems like a cool place to work at first. Then it wears off and isn't that fun.

Bunch of free stuff.

Living in Chicago is awesome.

Traveling to events is fun.

Cons

It took me a while to write this review as my internship has been over for two months. I didn't want it to be rash or reactionary, so I waited for a while in order to let cooler heads prevail.

With that said, I couldn't say enough bad things about Red Frog Events. There is nothing, absolutely NOTHING, redeeming about the internship experience. You are bossed around by people with no experience, you are forced to interact in odd, often drunken social situations in order to gain favor with the full time employees, and you are constantly being lied to by the Frogs as they keep dangling the possibility of a full time offer in front of your naive face.

At the end of the day it is terrible place to be. Gossip, back stabbing, people reliving their high school dreams of being the 'cool kid' in school, awkward interactions, and (from what I hear) terrible starting pay for full timers...there really isn't a bright spot and there really isn't any reason to apply to work at this company. Yes, I was completely fooled into thinking that the company was awesome. But it isn't. I learned the hard way.

If you want to spend the beginning of your career in an awkward internship where you are completely exploited by the company and then (if you're part of the <5% that actually get hired) you feel comfortable exploiting and lying to hundreds of wide eyed interns a year while getting tiny paycheck and having to continue kissing up to everyone just to maintain your position in the company, then go for it. I wouldn't recommend Red Frog to my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

You're horrible., invisible, and give the general impression that you don't give two craps about your company. Get a grip on your company and shake things up. Your employees are terrible.

2. "Great Culture for short-term employment"

I worked at Red Frog Events as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, great culture, great benefits.

Cons

Funds could be allocated more efficiently and effectively.

Advice to Management

Provide some financial incentives to drive sponsorship/partnership marketing and sales.