Red Hat - Fantastic workplace, innovative people, exciting environment, freedom to act independently | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Red Hat

"Fantastic workplace, innovative people, exciting environment, freedom to act independently"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Red Hat full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are tons of pros here. Every day I learn something new; every week I have an experience that promotes both my personal professional career and the company as well. I feel like I'm making an impact in the industry, and that my contributions are visible at an individual level. My soul is not being sucked into a corporate machine.

Cons

The only con that I have is the fact that I work from home and don't have access to any offices (there are none nearby,) but that can easily also be viewed as a pro for many. I just need more daily interaction to feel that I am doing my best.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Just make sure you continue to listen to the ideas of employees below, and make sure not to slack off on funding research and new initiatives. This is how we will continue to drive the future of technology!

Other Employee Reviews for Red Hat

1. "folks are out there to change the world"

Pros

Best team of open source hackers bar none; high density of very senior, very skilled developers available to consult at any given time.

Cons

Lots of Type A personalities - need to know how to handle, manage, negotiate through constant tech conflicts and debates. Lots of changes in priorities constant change of the latest and greatest new thing makes it hard to keep on long term development without being interrupted.

2. "Employee friendly company , good policies and very open work culture , Lots of new technologies to learn and explore"

Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Pune (India)

I have been working at Red Hat full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of technologies to learn , freedom to learn anything and contribute to opensource community

Cons

Hike percentage is not that good