Red Hat - Great Workplace, Awesome people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Red Hat

"Great Workplace, Awesome people"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Red Hat as an intern

Pros

Everyone around is motivating and talented. The company is very unique in it's own way. Flexible timings and good facilities

Cons

The work isn't challenging enough.

Other Employee Reviews for Red Hat

"A company that really understands how to use technology in the modern workplace"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Red Hat full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is no salary cap that forces a jump from engineering to management.
    Management makes effective use of communications (email, chat, phone, video-conference) to ensure that remotees are plugged into whats going on.
    Most development groups allow remote employees
    Upper management seems to be managing for the long haul as opposed to targeting the next earning call.
    Even though we're pushing 6000 employees, we haven't quite lost the feel of a startup. It's not quite as loose and crazy as it was in 2000 but it's not shirt-and-tie corporate America either.
    No "that's not your job" culture. People tend to jump in an fix something rather than trying to push it off on someone else.

Cons

Still see a reluctance to hire US engineers, probably due to salary/benefits issues. That being said, if someone is well-known in their field, space can be made.

Advice to Management

Might want to make an effort to get remotees to some of the big Linux/JBoss conferences, just to have them meet other team members or people in the community. Travel budgets have been especially tight...
    Tell HR to quit renaming themselves. Nothing wrong with being called Human Resources or *gasp* Personnel.
    I realize that we have to have reviews; it would be nice if it didn't require that we take classes to learn how to do the reviews. As you may have guessed, I'm an engineer and you pay me to write code, not fill out forms.

"Smart people and fun work!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Red Hat full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to work remotely on flexible hours. Management does a good job of keeping the red tape off you plate and just wants you to succeed.

Cons

If you are new to open source or just new to the company there are lot of things that should be listed in a beginners guide. Like how we use git or maven central. The knowledge is there it is just silo'ed. At least if you ask people are willing to share.

Advice to Management

Don't let us down. :-) We depend on you as much as you depend on us.