Red Light PR - Great internship experience | Glassdoor
  1. "Great internship experience"

Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Red Light PR

Pros

My favorite part of interning with Red Light would have to be getting the opportunity to assist stylists with pulls. I have been able to learn so much about the industry through this internship and each day I find myself learning more and more. The account executives are always willing to answer any and all questions to help the interns gain as much information as possible. I especially love that everyone in the... showroom is super personable and approachable! This was by far the best interning experience I've ever had.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that due to some of the interns availability, some day there will be 5+ interns and other days you could be the only intern for a couple hours. Handling the showroom solo isn't bad at all but it is definitely nice when there are multiple interns.

Red Light PR2016-04-27

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Definitely be a proactive intern"

Former Intern - Intern in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Red Light PR for less than a year

Pros

Great networking opportunities Professional yet easy going atmosphere Work with known stylists in the industry Get hands on fashion pr experience

Cons

You need to be a communicative person and need to be proactive. Talking to people is key, and expressing what you want to learn while you're there will take you a long way.

Advice to Management

Have the interns shadow the AE's I loved my internship experience, definitely showed me how the fashion pr industry works

Red Light PR2017-03-30

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Red Light PR full-time for less than a year

Pros

A few of the clients were really amazing to work with and made the experience bearable. I enjoyed the actual work, but unfortunately the cons (CEO and toxic work environment) outweighed the pros for me.

Cons

Red Light PR takes what they can get ($$$$) in terms of clientele and the clients aren't divided equally. Some AE's are given easy peasy clients with celeb. ties and praised for any little press that falls into their lap while other AE's are given brands that are practically impossible to get press for and lectured accordingly. Once I transitioned I actually received feedback from other agencies that they were... shocked that I was able to generate the press I did for the clients that Red Light PR on boarded. Expect to go above and beyond and never have it be enough, played against your co-workers by upper management and harassed when you exit. I haven't been at the company for several months now and they continue to e-mail me nearly once a month. The company also hires and fires new employees every 7 months... A sweat shop disguised as a "Fashion PR Firm" and to be perfectly honest a low class experience.

Advice to Management

The only reason I even wasted my time with this review is to let aspiring PR professionals know the real deal about this company... No amount of advice could rescue this establishment.

Red Light PR2018-03-27

Discover more reviews about Red Light PR.