Red Light PR - Redlight PR Internship Program | Glassdoor

"Redlight PR Internship Program"

Front Desk Receptionist in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Red Light PR for more than a year

Pros

Working at Redlight PR was a great experience for my very first internship in PR. Its atmosphere gave me an idea of how it really is in the Fashion PR world. Working there for 3 months was also really good for networking and getting to know the stylists of artists and editorial editors. I learned how to do press clippings, created pitches, and helped pull wardrobe for actual professional projects. Be ready to learn... how to merchandise, clean, and do other tasks than PR as well. Sitting in on the meetings was my favorite part because it gave me insight on what assistant executives, and the company really focused on. Overall it was a great place to start, and I think you can learn a lot within three months. But ultimately, it depends on how much work you are willing to put in. Ask questions, and make sure that you make sure you show up and make yourself noticeable to the AE's and Showroom Coordinator. If not, you won't get the best experience. In addition, it was really fun working right in the middle of Hollywood!

Cons

If coming from a distant location, plan accordingly. Traffic will delay you 15-20 minutes. Working with the AE's can be intimidating at first, but warm up to them and prove to them that you're not just there to do b*tch work. The intern schedule differs, sometimes there are too much and then sometimes there aren't enough to do the projects, just be prepared to get work done.

Advice to Management

I wish I got to learn more in depth about Fashion PR and the actual tasks that are given to the AE's. If the intern team were divided amongst what the individual wanted to focus on I think that would be great. For example shadowing the AE's if the intern wanted to do PR, or shadowing Amber about merchandising, and Cole for social media. The LA team for Redlight PR were great people to introduce me to what it is like... to be in Fashion PR and I actually really got a feel for something really different to me so thanks to them for that! I was also lucky to meet the founder, Jen cause she was in town from New York.

Red Light PR2016-06-21

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Definitely be a proactive intern"

Former Intern - Intern in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Red Light PR for less than a year

Pros

Great networking opportunities Professional yet easy going atmosphere Work with known stylists in the industry Get hands on fashion pr experience

Cons

You need to be a communicative person and need to be proactive. Talking to people is key, and expressing what you want to learn while you're there will take you a long way.

Advice to Management

Have the interns shadow the AE's I loved my internship experience, definitely showed me how the fashion pr industry works

Red Light PR2017-03-30

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Red Light PR full-time for less than a year

Pros

A few of the clients were really amazing to work with and made the experience bearable. I enjoyed the actual work, but unfortunately the cons (CEO and toxic work environment) outweighed the pros for me.

Cons

Red Light PR takes what they can get ($$$$) in terms of clientele and the clients aren't divided equally. Some AE's are given easy peasy clients with celeb. ties and praised for any little press that falls into their lap while other AE's are given brands that are practically impossible to get press for and lectured accordingly. Once I transitioned I actually received feedback from other agencies that they were... shocked that I was able to generate the press I did for the clients that Red Light PR on boarded. Expect to go above and beyond and never have it be enough, played against your co-workers by upper management and harassed when you exit. I haven't been at the company for several months now and they continue to e-mail me nearly once a month. The company also hires and fires new employees every 7 months... A sweat shop disguised as a "Fashion PR Firm" and to be perfectly honest a low class experience.

Advice to Management

The only reason I even wasted my time with this review is to let aspiring PR professionals know the real deal about this company... No amount of advice could rescue this establishment.

Red Light PR2018-03-27

Discover more reviews about Red Light PR.