Red Light PR - Emily's Intern Review | Glassdoor
  1. "Emily's Intern Review"

Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Red Light PR

Pros

Working for RedLight PR was one of the best decisions I have made. Everyone was so friendly and very helpful whenever I had questions. I was able to learn a lot about the fashion PR business and it made my interest for that profession grow even more. It is a great learning experience and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is just starting out. The CEO , Jen Phillips would come in from the LA office and... would be very friendly. She was extremely caring and down to earth. Erica, Matt, and Nikiya were all very welcoming and super friendly. They made working there worth while. They were always available if you ever had any questions and would be very willing to help you out with anything. I was able to work on my business skills such as sending pitches to potential clients, and helping with pulls to different magazines such as Style or Teen Vogue. Overall, working for RedLight Pr was amazing! I am so glad I was able to be part of their team.

Cons

The only downside of working at RedLight PR would be the commute for me. I live in Rockland County which is about a 45 minute bus ride into the city. Other than the commute, I can't complain at all.

Red Light PR2016-01-26

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Definitely be a proactive intern"

Former Intern - Intern in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Red Light PR for less than a year

Pros

Great networking opportunities Professional yet easy going atmosphere Work with known stylists in the industry Get hands on fashion pr experience

Cons

You need to be a communicative person and need to be proactive. Talking to people is key, and expressing what you want to learn while you're there will take you a long way.

Advice to Management

Have the interns shadow the AE's I loved my internship experience, definitely showed me how the fashion pr industry works

Red Light PR2017-03-30

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Red Light PR full-time for less than a year

Pros

A few of the clients were really amazing to work with and made the experience bearable. I enjoyed the actual work, but unfortunately the cons (CEO and toxic work environment) outweighed the pros for me.

Cons

Red Light PR takes what they can get ($$$$) in terms of clientele and the clients aren't divided equally. Some AE's are given easy peasy clients with celeb. ties and praised for any little press that falls into their lap while other AE's are given brands that are practically impossible to get press for and lectured accordingly. Once I transitioned I actually received feedback from other agencies that they were... shocked that I was able to generate the press I did for the clients that Red Light PR on boarded. Expect to go above and beyond and never have it be enough, played against your co-workers by upper management and harassed when you exit. I haven't been at the company for several months now and they continue to e-mail me nearly once a month. The company also hires and fires new employees every 7 months... A sweat shop disguised as a "Fashion PR Firm" and to be perfectly honest a low class experience.

Advice to Management

The only reason I even wasted my time with this review is to let aspiring PR professionals know the real deal about this company... No amount of advice could rescue this establishment.

Red Light PR2018-03-27

Discover more reviews about Red Light PR.