Red Lobster - Feels like home | Glassdoor

"Feels like home"

Current Employee - Server in Langhorne, PA
Current Employee - Server in Langhorne, PA

I have been working at Red Lobster full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great job to grow and gain expiernce in, many different job titles and careers available. Great atmosphere

Cons

Sometimes the managers aren't fair, or aren't approachable with concerns.

Advice to Management

change managers occasionally so that favoritism isn't built or gained and everything is fair.

Other Employee Reviews for Red Lobster

"Too much change, too corporate, mgmt does not care about staffs well being"

Former Employee - Server in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Former Employee - Server in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I worked at Red Lobster full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most staff makes it a great place to work.
    Good money on holidays.

Cons

Cheap customers equals maybe a 10% tip to bring stiffed (which btw is your fault).
    Staff and management does not help often when having health issues.
    Tray weight is too heavy and you WILL have back problems and management not care.. get a new job or start filling health issues against them.. I'm still paying price for my back after 2 years.
    Managers will bark order at you instead of chipping in to help run food or side work.
    The new GM was a horrible manager and should never have been given her latest title (gossips about staff and other managers to staff).
    Scheduled time in and being cut is done backwards.. first one in is last one out.
    Scripted table greet which is mocked at by other restaurants.. follow it though or you will lose your job.

Advice to Management

Help your staff!! Do some actual work instead of standing around barking order!! The more you help your staff the better customer scores you will get... HINT HINT!
    Act as a team instead of against them.... I have met someone who worked in another red lobster and it was actually run with care of everyone.. not just yourself.. and they didn't break the laws.

2. "Money is great, but man the pain that comes with it"

Current Employee - Server in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Server in Buford, GA

I have been working at Red Lobster full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome tip average
    My co-workers are the best
    Benefits are great

Cons

Constantly depicted as a number (your serving ability is determined by service statistics: the number of add-ons you sell, number of returns you had, and only applauded if you had guests that actually went online and did the survey and left you a good review)
    Management is a hot mess

Advice to Management

If you treat your employees with more respect and not just be concerned with numbers you may gain more respect out of them. I understand that we are corporate, but that doesn't mean we aren't human.