Red Lobster - Amazing | Glassdoor

"Amazing"

Current Employee - Hostess
Current Employee - Hostess

I have been working at Red Lobster part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They actually work with your school schedule. If you applied for this job because you NEED it, they give you the hours you need. I was already talking to the one manager about becoming a certified crew trainer!

Cons

None at all! Great place.

Other Employee Reviews for Red Lobster

"MANAGEMENT"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Red Lobster full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits and pay. Great place to advance if you are willing to work long hours.

Cons

Working long hours, I was working about average 70 hours a week. Sometimes 12 hours shifts. Depending on who your General Manager/ Director is it could be great place or hell restaurant to work in. Bonus Structure is not so great, however I did learn they are suppose to be changing it. I did not like the fact that corporate preach about core value of taking care of the crew members but your director and General Manager do the opposite or don't know how to talk to people.

Advice to Management

Upper Management need to retrain some Director/GM on how to talk to their managers. Yelling to them and treating them like they are beneath you doesn't get anything accomplish. Working your manager 70 to 80 hour work week doesn't help or 6 day a week. It only derail them from focusing on their job and only add to a fail restaurant because at end of the day their are tired and overworked.

"Eh."

I worked at Red Lobster part-time

Pros

The people were cool to work with...low to minimal drama. The money was decent...on a good night you could make 150+. There was a pretty decent customer base. 50% off food was cool...free biscuits until you're sick of them.

Cons

The management was terrible. Bottom line most of the managers didn't have clue as to what they were doing. Don't plan on moving up too quickly. A lot of whiners, that can get annoying. When it's slow expect to make $30-40 because managers tend to over schedule servers. You can only have 3 tables at a time because some servers can't handle more. I could go on...but whatevs