Red Payments - Great company | Glassdoor

"Great company"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Marketing Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Red Payments full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working with Red Payments for few years now and would rate them 5 stars. They are always at the forefront of innovation in payments industry, constantly develop and find new ways to engage employees.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about Red Payments.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work!

Other Employee Reviews for Red Payments

"They do NOT pay sales reps"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Red Payments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Descent leads if you can get past the deceitful way they pitch the "customer "

Cons

They simply do not pay reps correctly or at all for deals reps turn in. The culture from management is to lie lie lie then stick their head in the sand and hope the rep just goes away.
    I'm suing red payments
    Other ex employees are welcome to join for a class action lawsuit.
    As a rep, you never are provided the profitability calculator....well, I have one and every deal I've seen is underpaid to the rep.

"Don't work for them"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at Red Payments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The morning meetings are uplifting but after that there aren't any pros. Never received payment for sales after 2 weeks of submitting paperwork.

Cons

They don't pay you. Terminals are programmed incorrectly. They make you wait 60 days to start earning residual income. They make you sign a contract that says you can only sell for them. A 1099 contract employee should be able to work for multiple companies if so desired. There are no quotas with the company contract but the sales manager contract adendum has quotas and you lose 5% of your commission to your sales manager because of that adendum. If you have a bad month you loose your residual income. They list multiple products but only push one product and never have a plan b option for merchants who are too scared to start letting their customers pay their credit card fees with a surcharge as part of the transaction. The training sucks! A reputable company would fly you to their home office to train you. Their training is a phone call and they don't talk about products or how to fill out their contracts. They just talk about steps you take to get your sales manager on the phone so he can try to close the deal.

Advice to Management

Pay your sales people. Get rid of the contract and secondary contract amendment.