Red Robin - A fun place to work, when the management team is right | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Red Robin

"A fun place to work, when the management team is right"

Current Employee - Hostess in Eugene, OR
Current Employee - Hostess in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Red Robin part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You make decent tips and the other team members are usually fun to work with.

Cons

Schedule is always changing
Team is always changing

Other Employee Reviews for Red Robin

1. "good job"

Former Employee - Hostess in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Hostess in Rockford, IL

I worked at Red Robin part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they teach you everything you need to know

Cons

not enough hours due to too many people on staff

"Worst Experience I Have EVER Had..."

Former Contractor - Instructional Designer in Englewood, CO
    Former Contractor - Instructional Designer in Englewood, CO

I worked at Red Robin as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I think the company outside of the Training and Development arena is probably a great place to work.

Cons

My experience is with the Learning & Development portion of the business. Let me bullet my experience with these folks.

- Management by intimidation
    - Instructionals Designers (ALL 3) at wits end, worked to bone, unhappy with the culture and their current job, in tears 50% of the time, and unappreciated
    - Litte or no direction given for completing requested tasks, especially for a new person coming in to a 6 month long development project
    - No feedback on performance
    - No set expectations up front
    - Reactionary environment instead of proactive environment; everything is a fire to put out, and a bandaid put on it - no long term plans in place
    - Everything being created is idealized from one person's past employment and experience AND created based on THEIR preference - NOT sound instructional design methods
    - I personally was treated like an outsider; no effort to integrate me into the department, culture, or overall company

In short, I have been working in the Instructional Design field for over 15 years, always received bonuses, raises, and promotions based on my performance. I am good at what I do and have a great attitude and will do anything I am asked to do, without questioning the motives behind it. But what I did for this company was picked apart, unappreciated, and I was disrespected.

I was humiliated in front of the other Instructional Designers and training employees by the leaders of this Learning & Development organization in a very public display of disrespect. UNACCEPTABLE.

Advice to Management

Expecting perfection from someone who comes into your organization without setting expectations and providing direction up front is setting them up for failure. I am sure you knew that. There is not one method of instructional design, it comes in many forms. YOUR PREFERENCE should have been communicated UP FRONT and direction should have been provided UP FRONT. That's how you set someone up for success.