Red Robin - Good People | Glassdoor

"Good People"

I worked at Red Robin part-time

Pros

Good money if you're in the right location

Cons

The double shifts are killers

Other Employee Reviews for Red Robin

"The only reason to stay is tips"

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Red Robin part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

money in your pocket every night, fun co-workers, good food/50% off shift day meals

Cons

Unprofessional and rude managers, talk down to you, threaten to fire you constantly. hover over you during your shift hoping to get you in trouble. I was written up for ringing in something wrong when I WAS STILL NEW. My managers have pulled me into the office and made me cry twice. One manager tried to fire me last weekend over a mistake the kitchen made, not even a mistake on MY part. I have contacted HR and I think the other employees that have or had experienced the issues I have should too.

Advice to Management

Live by your "core values". You should not be a manager if you are unproffessional and rude. They way my managers are trying to terminate me is disgusting. You will lose YOUR job the way you are trying to make your employees lose THEIR jobs. It's unacceptable.

"Get ready to be Micro managed like never before"

Former Employee - Former General Manager
    Former Employee - Former General Manager

I worked at Red Robin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits. Manager meal once per shift, ipads used for training and waits at the door. Other than that, not much nice to say here. I have been a high performing General Manager for over 15 years and this was the worst management position I ever had!

Cons

Very threatening environment. A lot of "if this doesn't happen" we will do this! Everything is Stacked and Ranked every week. You are either Green (get to keep you job), yellow (need to be concerned about your job or red (need to be looking for new job). You have to send schedules to the regional manager, I mean really! There is absolutely no autonomy to make any decisions. Bonus is unrealistic (each restaurant has to increase guest counts by 700 guest per period in order to even be eligible for bonus). so, your budget is a one size fits all! This is completely unrealistic and only about 30-40 restaurants are hitting this metric and then they will not hit the following year. There are over 400 restaurants company wide and only about 10% max bonus. Unheard of! They also roll out a new menu every month. it not only confuses team members, but keeps the management team in a constant state of too much to do and not enough time to do it. they measure labor by productivity and the productivity model only works when the managers cook, prep and clean. We spend more time in an hourly positions than we do actually managing things like food quality, guest satisfaction and so forth. So, if you want to be a mindless robot, then this is the place for you!

Advice to Management

You need to become a GM driven company! I should never have to send my schedules to my regional manager! Paint the white lines and get out of our way and let us lead. That is what you hired us to do!