Red Robin - Server | Glassdoor

"Server"

I worked at Red Robin part-time

Pros

One of best jobs that I ever had serving. Their table time requirements make guests happy and help to turn tables. Made a lot of money here.

Cons

none. I really enjoyed working here. If you work hard then you will be given opportunity for better sections and schedules.

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for Red Robin

"Going Downhill Quickly"

Current Employee - Server in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Server in Madison, WI

I have been working at Red Robin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is fast table turnover so you can make a lot of money when it is busy and there is very little down time. For the most part they have pretty flexible scheduling and will give you requested days off if you ask in advance. USED to be one of the best corporate restaurants to work for because they focused on their employees.

Cons

Recently Red Robin has gone through an image overhaul and while the new plate presentation looks nice other things have fallen through the cracks. The culture of honor, integrity, seeking knowledge and having fun has completely disappeared. People are being pushed through training because all the old staff was fired when our management changed. If you plan on working in the front of house, be prepared to be questioned about giving out royalty cards to all your tables and where you stack up on the "scorecard" (which rates servers by number of appetizers and drinks sold, and entree averages). The management (at my store) is quick to dish out complaints and criticize, but is very frugal with their compliments. Recently because of such a large influx of new staff, food takes longer to come out because of mistakes and servers not having the skills to keep up with a high volume store.

Advice to Management

Red Robin has been one of the most profitable companies the past few years, you obviously were doing something right. Not that I am opposed to change, but I feel as though nothing has been retained of your previous culture, which everyone loved. When you have happy staff you have happy customers. You need to stop focusing so much on nickel and dimming customers by pushing your servers to constantly "make their numbers" and make sure that our customers are receiving and enjoyable experience.

2. "Not bad but could have been better"

Former Employee - Server in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Server in Miami, FL

I worked at Red Robin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Game days are always packed, friendly staff, 25% discount when you don't work and 50% on days you work, they value hard work and reward you with free food. It's a fun environment.

Cons

Favoritism, if it's slow season they might cut you when you arrive to work instead of call, they take usually a months to set up direct deposit, it took mine 3 months! Others never received it and got it on a red robin visa card.

Advice to Management

Don't promise hours if you're never going to give them, set up direct deposit properly, not with a piece of paper that the manager can misplace. There is private info on there!