Red Roof Inn - I love the job, but not the company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Red Roof Inn

"I love the job, but not the company"

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Columbus, OH

Pros

I can have off when I want to. Easy and interesting.

Cons

No 401K, not pay increase. They cap wages. Some of us have been working at the company for 10-15 and even 25 years, and get NO increase in wages.

Advice to Management

First of all, they need to understand that their employees can make them or break them. They come out with ways to increase sales. Yeah right!!! If they want to increase sales, they need to give employees a yearly raise. It is very easy to say, "We are full".

The front desk can control occupancy. When people are treated in this manner, we can turn customers away to amount to the wage increase that we didn't get. There are peole that love the job, as I do, but I will not do anything to increase sales.

Every year, we employees communicate all over the country with other GSR's about how they want something from us, but can't give a lousy 25 cent raise. It is demeaning to ask us to give suggestions about ways to save on enery, and they give one reward...A 25.00 gift certificate, that we pay taxes on, then they use all of the suggestions, but one person gets a card.

No raise has an influence on their occupancy, but they are too stupid to see it.

No 401k anymore. Yeah, I'll get right on those sales.

Other Employee Reviews for Red Roof Inn

1. "Dead-End Job"

Current Employee - Front Desk Clerk in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Front Desk Clerk in Houston, TX

Pros

Job Stability, easy physical work.

Cons

No upward advancement possible no matter how good you are or how hard you try. Same problems continue day in and day out, an endless cycle.

Advice to Management

Bring some stability by increasing training of new employees. Allow mid-management more leeway over ordering so the hotels do not run out of supplies. Increase budget and you'll see your sales increase. Implement an employee advancement program for promotion and resist temptation to hire talent from outside the company.

2. "OK place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

Good people, able to move around to different locations

Cons

Workload, stability of management team

Advice to Management

Focus on stabalizing company