Red Ventures - A truly Awesome place to work | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Red Ventures

"A truly Awesome place to work"

Pros

Great environment. Great people. The culture really is second to none. Every day in the office is fun, yet work always seems to get accomplished.

Cons

Sometimes people get lost in the shuffle. There is a lot of under utilized talent at RV. I've worked with some people who should be in roles with more responsibility but they're not because they don't speak up.

Advice to Management

Come up with a better way to discover hidden talent

Other Employee Reviews for Red Ventures

"Just a job, not a career path"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Indian Trail, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Indian Trail, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

The atmosphere is fun and everyone gets to play music while they sit in their cubicle. It seems like there are a lot of trips and incentives to working hard at RV. They play up their new, fancy building with a (tiny) workout room and a full sized basketball court.

Cons

This is a job, not a career path. If you want to work hard to make some money for a couple years, this may be the place for you. They pay you very little hourly wage during your training process, so hope you have some money saved in the bank to get you through those weeks.

Some departments look okay, some had guys with backwards baseball caps on throwing the football around. Not exactly an inspiring place to excel your career.

Advice to Management

For what it is, RV seems to be doing extremely well. It will not be able to compete for employees with companies who offer amazing benefits and upward growth within the company.

"Glorified slave shop (sales center)"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-It's a job, you get a paycheck
    -Youthful environment which is cool for people right out of college

Cons

Exactly as my title said, it's a glorified slave shop. In my time there, we were told by management that if we "didn't like our jobs, there's the door and 600 people waiting outside to take our positions." Inspiring words from a fearless leader!
    -You will read from a script like a monkey and you are not allowed to deviate. If you do, you will be fined.
    -You are penalized if the 1.call goes to voicemail 2.call gets disconnected/dropped...literally you're % will drop despite you not actually doing anything tangibly wrong.
    -You have to ask permission to use the restroom
    -Old boys club through and through-networking done at local bars and on basketball court
    -No creativity

Advice to Management

How do you sleep at night knowing that you're actively taking advantage of people?