Red Wing Shoe - Lots of opportunity here to make a great and fun career. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Red Wing Shoe

"Lots of opportunity here to make a great and fun career."

Pros

Lots of loyal employees. Wonderful work environment. Great perks like free soda, telecommuting, flexible schedules and summer hours year round.

Cons

Distance from the metro. While Red Wing is picturesque and has a lot of things going for it, it can be hard to fill positions and attract the necessary talent because of the distance.

Other Employee Reviews for Red Wing Shoe

"absent manager, long boring days, no room to grow"

Former Employee - Salesman
    Former Employee - Salesman

I worked at Red Wing Shoe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

long days with paid lunch, air conditioning.

Cons

Independent manager was always absent once I learned the ropes and could run the place myself, I was hired on as a part time employee, but worked full time hours and performed managerial responsibilities, I was promised raises and commission bonuses multiple times throughout my employment, and always ended up disappointed with my paycheck; I'm married and would sometimes notice that federal taxes were taken from my paychecks. I was always called in to work by my manager on my days off for the stupidest reasons, we opened at 9, he would call me in at 8:45 for something he had to do that afternoon, and would leave me to the store all day.

Advice to Management

Perform more thorough checkups on your independent retailers, don't just asses how the shop is doing by what the manager says, interview the employees, there were only two of us.

2. "Great company, lack of support"

I worked at Red Wing Shoe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company selling a great product. Excellent camaraderie, even with other stores.

Cons

Lack of support from corporate level. Entry level pay low for work being done.

Advice to Management

Listen.