Redbox - Poor internal Support and complete lack of direction | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Redbox

"Poor internal Support and complete lack of direction"

Current Employee - Field Support Representative I
Current Employee - Field Support Representative I

Pros

The best thing is being able to see movies before released on DVD. There are a bit of flexibility in the work week which is nice as well.

Cons

Internal support is horrid. Little to no guidance for new hires. I have been employed part time with them for almost 2 months and still don't have access to the websites I need to do my job on a weekly basis. I had zero access for the first month including no way to submit time sheets. I had to manually email them in and hope they got passed on.
My direct manager consistently passes on information that is old and outdated and when compared to other managers of his same level is not consistent. Communication in the company is abysmal.

Advice to Management

Retrain the "helpdesk" and get some kind of system in place for access requests and new hires that has some type of visibility for people. I spent over a month with no accounts to get into anything and nobody could help me. Nobody cared and all my suggestions were ignored. I had to threaten to quit twice in order to get somebody to actually spend more than 5 minutes on the phone with me. I was usually told they would call me right back with an answer and never received a call.

Other Employee Reviews for Redbox

1. "Overworked and underpaid"

Pros

Meeting new and interesting customers on a daily basis and seeing the regulars appreciate you for the service you provide

Cons

There is no reimbursement for using your own vehicle and when driving 500 miles a week, that becomes very taxing on costs for maintenance and gas.
    Not enough time at home
    Communication with regional supervisor was often non existent

Advice to Management

If they are wanting to keep quality employees, they have to take the time to properly train the staff that they have. They should also have a better way for staff to be in touch with upper management than annual skip level meetings.

"Wearing jeans is a great perk. But I think they need to really keep professional at some point"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator

Pros

Yes, you can wear jeans. It helps with the cost of dry cleaning. Location is good.

Cons

There is a ton of communication problems within this company. They need processes that work and they need to be enforced. When you need assistance, emails are ignored. Not sure why. Laziness or just plan selfcentered. Been here 2 months and still trying to understand why they have brought me on. I really have no work, and I am extremely bored, while my skills are un-utlized. I am looking to move on.

Advice to Management

Redbox people need to be accountable and need management to make them accountable. Some need to removed.