Redbox - Redbox is a great place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Redbox

"Redbox is a great place to work."

Pros

Redbox provides a unique work environment by allowing a good blend of company practices, guidelines and expectations with the flexibility of working within a smaller team. Positive words that describe a Redbox working experience: values, leadership, teamwork, flexibility, family-oriented, opportunity and forward-thinking!

Cons

It has grown more corporate-minded and has lost some of the charm it once had when I first began working there. Some tasks are heavily micromanaged. Instead of increasing training, expectations are lowered to the least common denominator.

Have to work during important holiday weeks - if the work cannot be completed on time, you may have to work the weekend to avoid working the holiday. When I worked in an office setting, a holiday was a holiday. It's understandable, tho, given the nature of the job. Someone has to put the movies in the machines, even if it's a holiday week. It's just difficult to adjust to.

Advice to Management

Seek more advice from the field! Even if we aren't supervisors, many of us have vast experiences and skills that aren't being utilized. Let us help you make this company the best it can be!

Other Employee Reviews for Redbox

"promotions are only available to those already in management positions"

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility and the company cares about the environment.

Cons

There doesn't seem to be much room for growth. What's more disturbing is when the company has hiring freezes, it appears that the freeze does not apply to senior management.

Advice to Management

As a whole we love our benefits package and flexibility, but in the last few years the chance to move up from a non-mamagement role is almost impossible. We need to create a better path and managers need to make REAL career plans for their employesss

2. "Great at first then ALL DOWN HILL"

Pros

They seemed to be a new and hip place to work! Free soda, Free DVD rental, great game room etc.

Cons

They don't communicate well outside of each department! Being in Customer Service it was important that we knew what software, marketing and the field were doing. We were the last to know customers would call us and we would have to scramble to find out what promotion was going on etc.

Advice to Management

They need to work better together! Each department works independentaly, other departments are not informed of what the other is doing.