Redfin - This is the truth believe it or not, the truth never lies | Glassdoor

"This is the truth believe it or not, the truth never lies"

Current Employee - Real Estate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Redfin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Perks and benefits for web designers (aka engineers). Free lunches, great salary, free sports tickets. Just read all the good reviews, they all come from the engineers.

Cons

Real Estate agents- Are over worked. 70-80hr weeks for very low pay. The middle managers do not know anything. Its the blind leading the blind. Glenn CEO, Scott VP of Reops claim to have a Open door policy: HA! What a joke. Yes the door is open and you can come in with your problem, but once you walk out, you get fired. I have witness this numerous times already, good people let go because they were trying to help...

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and more fair (real estate operations). Yes Redfin is a tech company in the fact that its a website, but you GLENN need to realize that you are 100% a real estate company because 100% of your revenue comes from home sales. The faster you realize you are not Apple the faster the company can grow.

Redfin2012-08-17
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Support Agent

I have been working at Redfin full-time

Pros

Love the family feel of the company.

Cons

For our market, the metrics are a little tough as we are overstaffed. Base pay isn't enough to pay bills

Redfin2019-08-15
  2. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Redfin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Values driven company, that is trying to do the right thing for the customer and for our Agents. Our executives are transparent, passionate, and hands-on. Very talented workforce, who is humble but hungry to change the game.

Cons

Because each employee is driving innovation forward, there is often disjointed/duplicated efforts. Because the company is so cross-functional, great ideas and projects can spin without making traction.

Redfin2019-08-15

Discover more reviews about Redfin.