Regal Entertainment - Basic job while still in school with some decent benefits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Regal Entertainment

"Basic job while still in school with some decent benefits"

Former Employee - Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) in Irvine, CA

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free movies for you +1 when you're not working.
Free popcorn.
Relaxed work environment.

Cons

Downtime resulting in shorter shifts.
Have to be constantly working/finding something to do even during the slowest times of the day.
Not many company events to reward employees

Other Employee Reviews for Regal Entertainment

1. "A great experience overall"

Former Employee - Box Office Cast Member in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Box Office Cast Member in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would have to say the best reason to work here is the free unlimited movies. You also get some discounts on stuff.

Cons

The pay is pretty low and it's a lot of work when people get really messy and you get behind.

Advice to Management

Get people more money

2. "Nope."

Former Employee - Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free movies. That's seriously all I can think of. And some of my co-workers were pretty cool.

Cons

I guess this review might be a little unfair since I only worked at one location and quit after three months, but my manager was really stupid (called down to concession to ask me how to spell "sir" - I almost puked, she was making like sixty grand) and unfair (changed my clock-in/clock-out time on my break to reduce payroll, etc - which was completely brushed under the rug). Also, how do you not allow your concession-stand employees free soda and popcorn? Also, the inventory is taken by the cups and bags, so if a bag goes missing (which is pretty frequent/a simple mistake), you're punished for the loss of the $6 retail price rather than the $0.03 price of the bag itself. It's a dumb way to take metrics. The club card sales are sleazy and gross. You will break out from popcorn grease, and your clothes will stink of it, always. I really didn't like it. I guess that's it. Oh - and I've heard that they're cutting hours in response to the Obamacare thing, which is crappy, but I was completely unsurprised. They don't treat their employees like an asset.

Advice to Management

Start treating the people who are the face of the company with respect.