Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah - Great intentions......limited results. | Glassdoor

"Great intentions......limited results."

Former Employee - CS Specialist
Former Employee - CS Specialist

Pros

The majority of employees really care about the work they do and the people they are trying to serve.

Cons

Leadership turnover was disruptive and discoraging. Those that were out of state and out of touch with the real situation seem to make the most impactful decsions.

Advice to Management

You're letting too much talent go in order to blindly stick to decisions made off-site by those out of touch.

Other Employee Reviews for Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah

1. "Good benefits and people"

Current Employee - Underwriter I in Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Current Employee - Underwriter I in Cottonwood Heights, UT

I have been working at Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good benefits. Kind coworkers. I'm not aware of any contention between my department and other departments that we work with. There is a very clear outline for advancement opportunities in underwriting.

Cons

Most employees are 10+ years older than me. If you are looking at this company as your job fresh out of college, you will likely be one of only a handful of employees in their twenties--like me.

Advice to Management

The training process has room for substantial improvement. There are several inefficiencies that could be worked on.

2. "Very good advancement opportunities"

Former Employee - Medical Records Specialist in Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Former Employee - Medical Records Specialist in Cottonwood Heights, UT

I worked at Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They care about their customers and employees. They have great health programs and incentives to live healthier. They like to see you advance and have programs set in place to help you further your career.

Cons

It is a not for profit company and funds are watched carefully, this has caused several lay offs in the past few years. It is also harder to get benefits such as tuition reimbursement as those funds are very limited.

Advice to Management

Watch your numbers, the lay offs are quite numerous for a company this size