Regeneron Pharmaceuticals - Secure, fun and exciting atmosphere but not perfect... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

"Secure, fun and exciting atmosphere but not perfect..."

Current Employee - Research Associate III in Tarrytown, NY
Current Employee - Research Associate III in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

With the industry still contracting (ie Merck's recent layoffs) it is comforting to have peace of mind that we should be secure for the next few years with our recent success. Fun environment (lots of parties), great benefits (stock options are a huge plus even for those of us in lower positions), above average 401K and insurance, tuition reimbursement even increased. With recent success, salary is catching up to industry norms, I started ~4 years ago and felt fairly underpaid at the time, especially considering the cost of living, but since then the compensation has improved where I no longer consider it a con and it was a huge one to start.

Cons

Unclear direction for growth/advancement. RA's (non-Phds) generally have a rather define glass ceiling (RA V). In my group, not a lot of distinction between the levels (RA II vs RA V). Promotions are difficult to obtain. Position can be monotonous and unchallenging after time again due to lack of growth and increased roles/responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for growth, rather then bringing in outside applicants could a role be filled internally?

Other Employee Reviews for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

1. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Scientist in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Scientist in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Emphasis on good science
    Good home/work balance
    Lots of encouragement by senior management
    Great benefits

Cons

Promotions are dependent on time worked rather than purely merit

Advice to Management

Promotions of individuals based on time worked rather than merit is a bit bad for morale

"Great Company"

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

The culture and atmosphere is very positive and motivating. There are great opportunities to advance your career.

Cons

Only one cafeteria. The area tends to flood and make commuting difficult at times.