Regeneron Pharmaceuticals - I was a research intern in various laboratories for 4 years | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

"I was a research intern in various laboratories for 4 years"

Former Intern - Research Intern in Tarrytown, NY
Former Intern - Research Intern in Tarrytown, NY

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great mentors, plenty of academic, facility and financial resources, very fair pay, balanced work-life balance. HR is always planning events for interns and employees. Most scientists are very friendly and approachable. The company is also kind to its staff by providing free rides from the north white plains and tarrytown train stations in the morning and afternoon. Gym facilities and a discounted food court, offering quality food are also very nice!

Cons

Would be nice if interns had access to the gym facilities. The location is a bummer for young people, since there isn't much to do in suburban Tarrytown. There really isn't an option to eat-out (walking distance)...everything is take-out.

Other Employee Reviews for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

1. "A good start and in a promising, growing phamaceutical company. A place rich of resources and talented people."

Current Employee - Research Associate in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

smart people around to help
    rich resources
    Good mentor

Cons

If you worked here in the same department for a long time, you have the privilege of choosing if you want to do certain work.

2. "Secure, fun and exciting atmosphere but not perfect..."

Current Employee - Research Associate III in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Research Associate III in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

With the industry still contracting (ie Merck's recent layoffs) it is comforting to have peace of mind that we should be secure for the next few years with our recent success. Fun environment (lots of parties), great benefits (stock options are a huge plus even for those of us in lower positions), above average 401K and insurance, tuition reimbursement even increased. With recent success, salary is catching up to industry norms, I started ~4 years ago and felt fairly underpaid at the time, especially considering the cost of living, but since then the compensation has improved where I no longer consider it a con and it was a huge one to start.

Cons

Unclear direction for growth/advancement. RA's (non-Phds) generally have a rather define glass ceiling (RA V). In my group, not a lot of distinction between the levels (RA II vs RA V). Promotions are difficult to obtain. Position can be monotonous and unchallenging after time again due to lack of growth and increased roles/responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for growth, rather then bringing in outside applicants could a role be filled internally?