Regional Medical Center of San Jose - I love the job of Trauma ICU, but new upper management makes it difficult to stay on as staff | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Regional Medical Center of San Jose

"I love the job of Trauma ICU, but new upper management makes it difficult to stay on as staff"

Current Employee - Staff RN in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Staff RN in San Jose, CA

Pros

Educational opportunities are very good.

Cons

New upper management not in tune with the needs of current employees. I feel he thinks everyone can be replaced at his whim

Advice to Management

Direct managers are terrific, but they have no influence on the new CEO. He wants to make a name for himself with the HCA Corporation at the expence of all staff RN's

Other Employee Reviews for Regional Medical Center of San Jose

1. "Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Regional Medical Center of San Jose (More than 5 years)

Pros

fantastic co-workers - extremely knowledgeable and fantastic team environment

Cons

not the greatest management - it's a for profit hospital and that's very obvious

2. "RN managent"

Former Employee - Assistant Department Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Department Manager

I worked at Regional Medical Center of San Jose full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The only pro was the staff I worked with.

Cons

Overworked. Understaffed. Demand good patient satisfaction but due to patient load make it impossible. Upper management totally detached from patient level. Don't listen to suggestions from nursing staff. Nurses don't take breaks and clock out before finish charting because are not allowed overtime. Was there 40 years and continued to get worse after purchased by HCA.

Advice to Management

More interaction with staff. Expend necessary funding for education. Don't expect nurses to finish on their own work time. Increase nursing assistants in staffing.